Hello and welcome to my blog "Brush And Miniature Torture"!
What will you find in here? Of course everything about my armies, conversions, paint jobs, terrain, and latest commission works for Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy - and more! Enjoy and comment in English or German! I'm also happy about every follower.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Magnetizing your special weapons

Good morning, everybody!

I have been painting yesterday - or rather today - until 4am to finish 4 new Iron Warriors, 7 special weapons and 2 arms for a Champion, but here I am, with everything finished.

Because my next tournament list will include a hell of a lot special weapons (woohoo, 2 squads of Chosen CSM!), I had a look into my glass cabinet and was astonished I only had 2 Flamers, 2 Plasma guns and 2 Melta guns... So I raided my bitz box and found enough special weapons and parts to assemble another 4 Iron Warriors. But I did not glue the special weapons to the arms - instead, I drilled holes in the undersides of the weapons and the right fists of the CSM (quite a fiddling!). Some super glue and carefully pressing the magnets into the holes (mind the magnetic poles!), I had 7 CSM with fully magnetized weapons.





They can all be swapped:



I did the same with the arms of my second Champion, so I can give him various equipment:


I hope this was a little bit of inspiration and help for you. Because why should you paint more models than you need when you can simply give a certain amount of painted models the wargear you want to field? :)

4 comments:

  1. *Scoots over from Natfka's blog* Nice work mate, a pin-drill, a 2mm drill-bit & some 1mm x 2mm magnets are much cheaper than more models!

    Keep up the good work :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they are! And you don't have to paint so many models, too. ;)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Hi Stempe nice Blog I add you on my blog list at http://csm396.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking figures, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...